With the signing of the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) between Mission Health and HCA Healthcare, I want to emphasize that CarePartners Foundation remains committed to serving the post-acute healthcare needs of the people of Western North Carolina.
CarePartners Foundation will evolve and grow in a way that will responsively meet the needs of our community and the people we serve. I am proud of the work we have done and the funds that have been raised to provide care for those who need it most.
I want to take a moment to reflect on what the Foundation has accomplished:
- Over the past ten years CarePartners Foundation has disbursed more than $20,071,396 in support of CarePartners Health Services.
- In 2015, we provided all funding to open the first Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in Western North Carolina.
- Our $20 million investment in capital projects over the past ten years includes the CarePartners Hospice Solace Center, PACE building, Rehabilitation Hospital renovations, and the Orthotics and Prosthetics building.
- We have granted $1,049,103 in community support to local organizations since 2008.
- During the past ten years the Foundation has provided $543,337 in scholarship support for local high school, AB Tech, and UNC Asheville students pursuing a degree in healthcare.
CarePartners Foundation’s greatest achievement is being able to assist in providing funding to heal wounds, hold hands and restore hearts for the young and old in Western North Carolina. In the weeks that follow, I look forward to the opportunity of working closely with our board to strategically evaluate and define what the role of CarePartners Foundation will be within the new healthcare landscape of our region. Please know the Foundation will be seeking your input as we look for dynamic ways to strengthen the role CarePartners Foundation will play in our community.
Finally, I would like to thank our board members, donors, volunteers, and CarePartners team members for all they do on behalf of CarePartners Foundation. You are the reason we have been able to do such amazing things, and you are the reason we will be able to accomplish so much in the years to come. For questions regarding next steps for CarePartners Foundation contact Natalie Clark, Donor Relations and Communication Officer for CarePartners Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-277-4815.
President & CEO