Committed to the health and well-being of the people
of Western North Carolina
Your donations help indviduals through one of the most difficult times any of us face – the loss of loved ones. Grief manifests itself in many different ways and we strive to support a wide range of emotions through our services, which include:
- Individual grief counseling
- Grief education classes – a four-week program (day or evening) that offers insights and strategies on managing your grief
- Good Grief support groups – ongoing weekly meetings (day and evening), guided by a simple idea: the work of grief can be made lighter when we help others and let others help us
- Monthly newsletter – anyone in the U.S. can receive our newsletter, Grief’s Companion; just call to be added to our mailing or email list or read the latest issue on our website.
- Semi-annual memorial services – a non-denominational program that honors those who have left our lives and acknowledges the loss we feel, with live original arrangements from our Music Therapy department
- Kids Path Bereavement Fund – individual grief counseling, group programs and sessions held at schools and our children’s bereavement center for children ages 5 to 17
- Other special groups and workshops are announced throughout the year in our newsletter, and specialized grief groups are formed as needs arise
All of these services help individuals to process their loss in healthy ways and with the help and support of others. Thank you for your contributions that help CarePartners keep these services available to the bereaved.